This is our list of various rideshare references. We will be adding links and papers to this section as we come across them, or as they are passed onto us. If you have a reference that is not on our list and would like us to post it, please Contact Us
We also recommend visiting the Bibliography section of the DynamicRideshare.org for additional sources of information.
Table of Contents:
- Substantial Sources of “Real-Time” Rideshare Information
- History & Statistics
- Academic / Institutional Research
- Public Agency Research
- Visions for Ridesharing
- Technology-driven Rideshare Trials
- Slugging / Informal Ridesharing
- Selected MIT Contributions on Ridesharing
Last modified on 2010-08-27 14:32:08 GMT.
Last modified on 2009-12-06 21:15:35 GMT.
Last modified on 2009-12-06 21:44:40 GMT.
Below is a partial list of research papers and resources ordered by published date. We will be adding additional references and some summaries over the coming weeks
- Moving Cooler: An Analysis of Transportation Strategies for Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions – (ULI & Cambridge Systematics, 2009)
- Paul Minett’s 2009 TCRP Carpool/Vanpool Research Proposal
- Saferide Annotated Bibliography – This list of academic references for the Saferide Project serves as a good background on mode choice behavior.
- Fuel Savings and Ridesharing in the US: Motivations, Limitations, and Opportunities – (Jacobson and King, 2008)
- Interactive System for Real Time Dynamic Multi-hop Carpooling – (Gruebele, 2008)
- Examining Incentives and Preferential Treatment of Carpools on Managed Lane Facilities – (Ungemah et al., 2007)
- Casual Carpooling – Enhanced – (Kelley, 2007)
- Who Chooses to Carpool and Why? Examination of Texas Carpoolers – (Jianling Li, TRR #2021, 2007)
- Dynamic Taxi-Sharing Service Using Intelligent Transportation System Technologies – (Chi-Chung Tao, 2007)
- Estimating commuter mode choice: A discrete choice analysis of the impact of road pricing and parking charges – (Washbrook, 2006)
- The Ambivalence of Ridesharing – (Morency, 2006)
- Smart Jitney/Community-Enhanced Transit Systems – (Woodsworth & Behnke, 2006)
- Design Decisions in the RideNow Project – (Hemphill, Resnick & Wash, 2005)
- SocioTechnical Support for Ride Sharing – (Resnick, 2003)
- Organized Dynamic Ridesharing: The potential Environmental Benefits and the Opportunity for Advancing the Concept – (Levofsky and Greenburg, 2001)
- Mating Habits of Slugs: Dynamic Carpool Formation in the I-95/I-395 Corridor of Northern Virginia – (Shapiro & Spielberg, TRR #1711, 2000)
- Spatial and Temporal Factors in Estimating the Potential of Ridesharing for Demand Reduction – (Tsao & Lin, 1999)
- Casual Carpooling: An Update – (RIDES for Bay Area Commuters, 1998)
- The Marriage of Transit and Autos: How to Make Transit Popular Again – (Webber, 1998)
- Dynamic Ridesharing: Theory and Practice – (Hall & Qureshi, 1997)
- Real-Time Ridesharing: Does it Work? Results and Recommendations from the Sacramento-Area Field Operational Test – (Kowshik & Jovanis, 1997)
- Cost and Effectiveness of Transportation Control Measures (TCMs): A Review and Analysis of the Literature – (Apogee Research, 1994)
- Development Of User Needs And Functional Requirements For A Real-time Ridesharing System – (Kowshik & Jovanis, 1993)
- German ‘Smart Bus’ Systems: Potential For Application in Portland, OR – (Behnke, 1993)
- The Effectiveness of Ridesharing Incentives: Discrete-choice Models of Commuting in Southern California – (Brownstone, 1992)
- IVHS Technology for Improving Ridesharing – (IVHS America, 1992)
- Effects of Variable Work Hour Programs on Ridesharing and Organizational Effectiveness: A Case Study, Ventura County – (Freas et al., TRR #1321, 1991)
- The Determinants of Ridesharing: A Literature Review – (Hwang & Giuliano, 1990)
- Casual Carpooling in the San Francisco Bay Area – (Beroldo, Transportation Quarterly Vol. 44, 1990)
- Evaluation of Springfield Instant Carpooling – (Reno et al., TRR #1212, 1989)
- Factors Influencing Commuting Choices in Suburban Labor Markets – Case study of Pleasanton, CA – (Cervero, Transportation Research 22A, 1988)
- Analysis of Commuter Ridesharing behavior at Five Urban Sites – (Booth & Waksman, TRR #1018, 1985)
- The Coordination of Parking with Public Transportation and Ridesharing – (Public Technology Inc with support of USDOT, 1982)
- Ridesharing: Psychological Factors – (Dueker et al., Journal of Transport Engineering #103, 1977)
Last modified on 2009-12-06 21:26:12 GMT.
Last modified on 2009-03-10 22:47:00 GMT.
Last modified on 2010-08-27 14:24:57 GMT.
Rather than re-create the wheel, we direct you to various resources that have examined technology-driven rideshare trials:
Last modified on 2010-08-31 00:14:52 GMT.
Last modified on 2010-08-27 14:05:39 GMT.